Mirror Mirror on the wall . . . . . . . .


Ah the days of youthful skin and sparkly eyes are becoming just a memory. I say this because of the picture I was greeted with upon entering my office this morning, my dear friend is like a cosmetic dermatologists fantasy, if it lays claim to completely transforming the image the good lord gave you – she’s in! I walked past her office to see Quasimodo staring back at me, you know, the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Apparently some intelligent person spotted her from a mile away and knew they could convince this 30 year old beauty that the years of indoor tanning had finally gotten to her and what better way to repair those years of damage then to literally burn off the first 15 layers of skin which in turn would traumatize her skin into regenerating new skin. Now while this all sounds medically possible I have to ask – does that hurt? Could it go terribly wrong and leave me looking freakish? What if my body doesn’t want to make new skin, will my dreams of a face like a baby’s ass be in vain? What if he slips and burns off some hair? How exactly do you exfoliate 15 layers of freshly charred skin? Does it smell? All questions I promptly asked once I gathered up the remnants of my purse that had scattered all over the floor after my initial shock. It appeared ‘grid-like’ as if she was literally lowered into a vat of hot oil in a fry basket. Her left eye had some serious swelling (thus the Quasimodo comment) and aside from the thick smear of lidocane petroleum it just looked painful. So now that the visual is set I asked the question I think a lot of us are wondering . . . . . why? After friendly badgering she admitted she must get ready in a total different image depicting mirror than the rest of the world, she honestly doesn’t see the beautiful creature I met 7 years ago. All seriousness aside because I don’t want this to be a serious post, I think she will think twice about future charring sessions. All this did bring to mind – skin care. Or lack there of in my case, did you know sleeping in your days makeup (fake eyelashes and all) isn’t really recommended? I know I just found out myself, ok ok that is a lie I may have heard somewhere along the way that washing your face nightly before bed will keep your face fresh and young – oddly enough I think it was “Quasimodo” that told me that, hmmm go figure. Anyhow, I decided to research different face regimens and serums for taking care of my mid-thirties mug. It really all just boils down to moisture people! There is no such treatment to shrink pores or open them all we can do is diminish the signs of them…… what is this some smoke and mirrors circus act?!? Its probably in their 30’s the rest of the world as well decides to do something to miraculously change the neglect placed upon our bodies years prior to that moment. I however would just like to slow it way down…..way down. As I think this I look at my reflection across the room – I earned every god damn wrinkle and scar! My whole character is wrapped up in my laugh lines and forehead creases! Then it hits me as I scroll past another tutorial on youtube “How to change the pigment in your face” Your eyes! That’s where you hold the ability to mesmerize or dissuade if you will. And not just the physical proportions of your eyes but the actual eyes, are they sparkly, soft, open? Or are they hard, biting and condescending? I am proud to say my face says Im young, it says Im happy, and it says my adventure is still in full tilt! My daughter goes in for her 5th tattoo today – all I can say is there is a girl with eyes full of life and adventure – she has seen her share of things but none of those things have made any impact on those baby blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment