The beginning


I have always loved writing, story telling, and all around entertaining people. When I was younger and full of crazy ideas about life I had dreams of being an author, even went so far as submitting bits and pieces here and there always getting rave reviews - then life snuck up behind me. Not the poetic dance into the room "sneak up" behind you cliche most women write of, but the "kick the door in-grab you by your unmentionables-and haul you off" type. I wish I could drool out some long heart wrenching ready for t.v. depiction of a tattered home and void childhood but I cant. I have been on an amazing adventure for 33 years! Dont get me wrong, I was raised in a home that made reality t.v. shows look bland, however I did have one small secret weapon the rest of the world I believe didn't - my Mother. She was a fiery, intelligent, down to earth, aggressive, un-suckerable woman that did things her way, never faltering from the one key to life WORK HARD AND ENJOY IT! Most days directly after I thank her for the qualities I inherited I curse her for my flaws. I have tremendous anxiety, high expectations of everyone around me, and a strive for perfection that keeps me up most nights. Settling for "ok" or "almost there" has never been an option - what I have found after years of trial and error is its in the mistakes made and lack of perfection that all of my best moments come from. This last year I have learned to step back and look at my world and guess what...... having a dirty house didnt create a wrinkle in the fabric of all mankind, or the fact that wearing black shoes with a brown hand bag did not get me stoned by the masses in front of Wal-Mart. The purpose of this blog is to share my wild life with everyone that thought their lives were irreparable, not good enough, trying, failsafe, or just down right unacceptable - so that they understand the lessons in life do not amount to wisdom, yet of scar tissue and callus. We have to laugh at ourselves and each other, we have to embrace the imperfections and struggles because lets be honest thats all we have. For everyone else that has conquered perfection and lives a struggle-less life: you have no business here, unless of course your checking my grammar and mutilation of the English language then by all means carry on! The rest of us are going to enjoy some laughs, some shock, some tears and most definitely walk away thinking this woman is livin the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment